|"The Princess and the Witch"|
|Original Air Date||November 2, 2006|
|English Air Date||May 24, 2008|
|Written by||Ichirō Ōkouchi|
|Directed by||Satoshi Toba|
|His Name is Zero||The Stolen Mask|
The Princess and the Witch is the fifth episode of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
To Lelouch's surprise, C.C., the girl who gave him Geass, is alive and now living in his residence. Suzaku, having been acquitted of all charges, accidentally meets Third Princess Euphemia li Britannia and ends up intervening in an internal pureblood struggle. Meanwhile, Second Princess Cornelia li Britannia endeavors to take charge of Area 11 as Viceroy and bring Zero, now the Holy Britannian Empire's number one enemy and most wanted man, to justice.
- "I'll drag you into the open, Zero. Clovis will be avenged!" - Cornelia li Britannia
- Conversation between C.C. and Lelouch
- "To use my Geass, I need to have direct eye contact with the subject. Transparent objects, like eyeglasses, present no problem. The effective range is approximately 270 meters and the subject appears to have no memory of events before, during or after the power is used. I think this is due to damage caused by the Geass interfering with the brain of the subject. Also, if the signal is optical, I can reflect it." - Lelouch Lamperouge
- Musing between Lelouch and Suzaku
- Lelouch Lamperouge: "Is it good to be strong?"
- Suzaku Kururugi: "Is it bad to be weak? Back then, when I was 10, the world seemed like such a terribly sad place. A world without any hope at all."
- Lelouch Lamperouge: "Starvation..."
- Suzaku Kururugi: "Disease..."
- Lelouch Lamperouge: "Filth... Decay..."
- Suzaku Kururugi: "Racism..."
- Lelouch Lamperouge: "Constant war and terrorism..."
- Suzaku Kururugi: "Living in a never-ending cycle of hate."
- Lelouch Lamperouge: "Rats running in a wheel..."
- Suzaku Kururugi: "The cycle must be broken. Somebody has to do it."
- C.C.: "How idealistic."
- Suzaku Kururugi: "Of course, it's doubtful that the one who does it will make all the bad things go away."
- Lelouch Lamperouge: "I'm not that arrogant. And, so..."
- Suzaku Kururugi: "No one should lose more of the people they love. At least, a world without war."
- C.C.: "And to have this utopia, you'd..."
- Euphie: "How would you do it?"
- Lelouch Lamperouge: "It's simple," [Knocks out chess piece] "When somebody wins, the fighting will end."
- "Suzaku, you and I bear a similar deep pain. You have lost your father as I have lost my brother..." - Euphemia li Britannia
- "Yes, I understand. I'm lying, to Shirley and Rivalz and the others. Even to Suzaku and Nunnally. But there's no going back now, I can't turn back. As long as C.C. and I are bound by our contract, I have to keep at this. Because I don't want to lie to myself anymore." - Lelouch Lamperouge (Preview for the next episode)