Knight of One Dedicated Knightmare
15.2 metric tonnes
10x Finger-mounted Slash Harkens
1x Jousting Lance
Emperor Lelouch (last)
The Galahad (ギャラハッド, Gyarahaddo), is a Knightmare Frame piloted by the Knight of One, Bismarck Waldstein.
Design and Specifications[edit | edit source]
Its armor is light purple and black, and its frame design is a variation of the Gawain's. The Galahad possesses many features similar to the original, such as built-in Land Spinners, hands that feature miniature Slash Harkens, as well as being twice the size of an ordinary Knightmare. It is equipped with energy shielding and carries a Maser Vibration Sword named Excalibur on its back, which is larger than the Knightmare itself. The sword's sheath has an additional Landspinner and serves as the Galahad's Float System. The Excalibur is strong enough to break through armor in a single swing and is capable of generating an energy field that can block and slice through powerful energy blasts, such as those from Shenhu's Baryon Cannon. It is so powerful, in fact, that, when it is equipped on the Tristan Divider, one half of the original sword is capable of breaking through the Shinkirō's Absolute Defence Territory. Prior to obtaining the Excalibur, the Galahad used a large lance for combat.
Its output greatly surpasses the one from the average Knightmare Frame, and only Bismarck is capable of handling the Galahad.
Operational History[edit | edit source]
The Galahad is first seen with Bismarck Waldstein as they prepare for the imminent attack on the Tokyo Settlement. The Galahad along with the Percival engage in a battle with the Black Knights with Xingke as their commander.
The Galahad is destroyed by Suzaku's Lancelot Albion, after the remaining Knights of the Round attempt to remove Lelouch from power. It is sliced in half along with the Excalibur. Although the Galahad is lost, the two halves of the sword land on the ground next to Gino Weinberg's damaged Tristan, and are salvaged for Gino's Tristan Divider.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Crew: One
- Height: 7.20 metres
- Weight: 15.20 metric tonnes
- Power Source: Yggdrasil Drive, Energy Filler
- Factsphere Sensor
- Blaze Luminous System
- Landspinner Propulsion System
- Cockpit Ejection System
- Integrated Float System (also serve as the sheath for "Excalibur")
- 10x Finger-mounted Slash Harkens
- 1x Lance (before acquiring its Excalibur)
- 1x "Excalibur" Maser Vibration Sword
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Galahad is named after the Knight of the Round Table, who was the illegitimate son of Sir Lancelot in Arthurian legend. In Arthurian Legend, Galahad was the greatest knight, and the only one who could claim the holy grail. This draws parallels to its pilot, Bismark, who in Code Geass, is the Knight of One.